The Rehabilitation Unit at Medical West provides therapy for those recovering from injuries, strokes, amputations, and other neurological diagnoses. The Rehab Unit, located on the second floor of the hospital, houses 16 private rooms.
Medical West Inpatient Rehab Services provides each and every patient with:
- Spacious private rooms
- 24-hour care by a licensed nurse
- A minimum of three hours of one-on-one therapy five days a week
- Rehabilitation physician rounds daily
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- On-site Dialysis
- Access to a FULL spectrum of medical services in the hospital
Newly renovated Inpatient Rehab Gym
Programs offered include:
- Balance/ Gait
- General Rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal/ Back Stabilization/ Postural
- Neurological Disorders
- Wound Care
- ROM/ Strengthening
- Dysphagia/ Videofluoroscopy
The interdisciplinary rehabilitation team is rounded out by our highly experienced and qualified nursing staff. As an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, we offer comprehensive Medical – Surgical services which include, but are not limited to:
- Around the clock Hospitalist coverage.
- Quality wound care.
- On-campus dialysis services and full access to Medical West’s laboratory.
- Follows the standards set by UDS/FIM for documenting and measuring the progress of our patients.
- The nursing staff focuses on providing friendly, courteous and knowledgeable care with an emphasis on patient/caregiver education.
What should I bring for my stay?
Medical West Outpatient Rehabilitation is conveniently located at the rear of the Medical West campus. From Medical Center Drive, pass the parking deck and enter into our easily accessible parking lot. Our therapists provide quality care for general orthopaedic and sports injuries, as well as work-related injuries
anddebilitatingconditions. We also offer an excellent wound care program. Treatments are designed to return patients to their maximum level of independence and strength as quickly and safely as possible.
Physical Therapy provides patients with hands-on evaluation and treatment to assist and guide them through recovery from an injury or painful and debilitating condition. Our expertise includes general orthopaedic therapy, back therapy, neurological/ muscular reducation, foot and ankle therapy, as well as wound care.
Occupational Therapy provides comprehensive evaluations of the hand, wrist and upper extremeties. We can customize splints, both static and dynamic. Treatment also includes motor coordination, manual techniques, energy conservation, joint conservation, strengthening, edema control techniques and functional re-education.
Speech Therapy provides evaluation and treatment of speech, language, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders.
Program Benefits and Features
- Hospital based therapy is not subject to the Medicare cap for therapy services
- TENS, lumbar, and cervical home units in stock for home programs
- Discharge Planning
- Family Education/ Training
- Multidisciplinary/ Team Approach
- Patient-friendly Environment
- Partnership with YMCA for continued maintenance after discharge.
For information on our Wellness Center, please click here.
Parking is easy at Medical West Outpatient Rehabilitation Services. You will enter the special designated lot from Medical Center Drive. Please ask your Therapist for your parking code to enter the lot.