At Medical West, we understand how important it is to return to normal life after experiencing a heart-related event. That’s why we’re proud to offer an outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program. Our Cardiac Rehab clinicians create personalized treatments plans approved by our team of cardiologists. These plans combine exercise and education and are designed to help patients adopt heart-healthy lifestyle changes that will improve their overall health and quality of life. By focusing on exercise training, stress reduction and nutritional counseling, patients can return to their normal lives faster and healthier.
What to Expect:
- Individualized physician prescribed exercise regimen based on your individual needs, medical condition, and physical ability.
- Supervised exercise sessions with a group of other participants who have similar conditions.
- Information on continuing to exercise safely at home on your own after you complete the program.
- Learn what you can do to live healthier and reduce your risk factors.
- Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms that need medical attention.
- Understand more about the medications you have been prescribed.
- Develop a personal plan that promotes independence and healthier living.
- Have health professionals available to listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
- Include your family or friends in the group education sessions so they may learn about your health condition.
Medical West Cardiac Rehabilitation program may help you achieve the following benefits:
- Decreased risk of a heart attack
- Improvement in exercise tolerance
- Improvement in symptoms
- Reduced stress
- Improvement in lipid levels
- Reduction in cigarette use
- Longer lifespan